Global Ivey Day's Technology event is back on Friday, May 3, 2019! This year's event is Responsible Technology - Striking the Balance Between Insight, Privacy, and Equality. Mix, mingle, catch up with your colleagues over breakfast (included) and listen to the following distinguished panel of Ivey alumni:
- Nicole Verkindt, HBA '07, CEO & Founder, OMX (Moderator)
- Alex McMurray, HBA '07, MBA '12, SHIFT
- Tom Pawelkiewicz, MBA '06, TD Bank
- Karthik Ramakrishnan, MBA '09, Element AI
- Rob Young, MBA '06, Canaccord Genuity
The panel will discuss how tech companies can deliver products and services that leverage new technologies and vast amounts of data in a socially responsible way. Each of the panelists will share their thoughts on how companies can successfully navigate important ethical and societal questions while maintaining their business purpose. Join us as we bring together senior leaders to discuss questions such as:
- How can we leverage technology to do good in the world?
- As we see the rapid development of AI, why is it important these solutions are built with a wider lense including diversity and other socio-economic factors
- How can companies approach automated decision-making in an inclusive way?
- What role can non-profits, large corporations, and smaller tech companies play in the development of responsible technologies?
Date: Friday, May 3, 2019
Time: 7:30 - 9:00 a.m.
Cost: $20 per person
Location: Top Hat, 151 Bloor Street West, Suite 200 [MAP]
We are expecting a full house and have sold out our last four events, so register early to secure your spot!
We look forward to celebrating with you!
Join the Global Ivey Day conversation and get social by using #GlobalIveyDay!